Art & Design
Topic specific French practice exercises
Whether you are interested in prehistoric art, street art, modern architecture, or high fashion, this is the place to discover important actors and movements in the world of art and design in French-speaking countries while practising and improving your language skills.
- Nantes's Machines de l'île
Danielle loves Nantes's mechanical menagerie attraction.
- What are they wearing today?
Amélie describes the way her friends are dressed today.
- What's your favourite artistic activity?
Nora and Lucien share their favourite artistic activities.
- A little girl's bedroom
Louise has just redecorated her daughter's room.
- At the medieval market in Orléans
Flora and Sami enjoy Orléans's medieval market.
- Mime Marceau
Xavier is a big fan of the world famous Strasbourg-born mime.
- My favourite work of art
Stéphane asks Isabelle, Clémence and Benjamin about their favourite works of art.
- The red carpet
Sabrina and her husband were very elegant on the red carpet.
- The wigmaker
Geoffrey used to work as a wigmaker at the opera.
- Two great museums in Nice
Barnabé tells Hélène about his visits to the Chagall and Matisse museums in Nice.
- Visit of Montpellier's Fabre Museum
Léa enjoyed her visit of Montpellier's main art museum.
- Wardrobe Changes
Mélanie is happy to say goodbye to winter fashion.
- Interview with a jewellery creator
Hugo is interviewing Marie who creates her own jewellery.
- Luxembourg City's Saint Quirin chapel
Henri discovered a fascinating place in Luxembourg City.
- My love for museum gift shops
Laurent loves museums, and their gift shops even more!
- The charms of a fireplace
Caroline tries to convince her partner Éric of the charms of a traditional fireplace.
- The hotel reception's recommendations
Aline discusses her Parisian holiday [US: vacation] programme with the hotel's receptionist.
- Rentrée scolaire : la dictature de la mode
Video about the evolution of school smock and the latest back-to-school fashions in France.
- At the handmade pottery shop
Pamela chats with the manager of a lovely local pottery shop.
- Garip Ay's amazing paintings
Jean-Pierre tells us about the work of this fascinating Turkish artist.
- Louise Bourgeois
Marie-Claire tells us about her favourite French artist.
- Bricolage "Avion" pour la Fête des Pères
Learn how to make a cute Father's Day present in this fun tutorial, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Claude Monet's "Water Lilies"
Learn about the story behind the unique way Claude Monet's Water Lilies are displayed, while practising your listening and reading comprehension.
- La Bohème - Charles Aznavour
Travel to the old Montmartre with this classic song by Charles Aznavour, "La Bohème", while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Le Jardin de Claude Monet à Giverny
Learn about painter Claude Monet's wonderful gardens in Giverny, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- Qui est-il ? Le mime Marceau
Learn about the life and many achievements of world-famous French mime Marceau, while practising your French reading and listening comprehension.
- A cooperative of artisans
Béatrice shares how her discovery of a hidden cooperative of artisans inspired her.
- A seamstress's memory
Christine recalls visiting the haberdashery [US: fabric store] for the first time.
- An upcycling tutorial
Find out a few ideas for your upcycling projets.
- Bargain hunters
Paul tells Mathilde about awesome bargains at the second-hand store.
- Grandma the seamstress
Marie-Louise's grandson asked for a clown costume.
- Gustave Moreau Museum
Claire tells us about her fascination for 19th-century symbolist painter Gustave Moreau.
- La Petite France in Strasbourg
Discover this unique area of Strasbourg, a UNESCO site and tourists' favourite.
- Montpellier, city of street art
Valentin tells us why Montpellier is a great street art city.
- Paris's Haussmannian revolution
Learn about the architectural revolution that took place in Paris in the 19th century.
- Philippe Costamagna, art detective
Philippe Costamagna has a fascinating job: he investigates works of art!
- The Comic Strip Center
Isabelle gives her impressions on Brussels's iconic Comic Strip Center.
- Henri Matisse au Centre Pompidou
Enjoy a fascinating retrospective on French painter Henri Matisse at the Pompidou Center in Paris, while practising your French listening comprehension.
- Strasbourg, le plus grand marché de Noël d'Europe !
Discover the enchanting Strasbourg Christmas Market, while practising your French listening and reading comprehension.
- Notre-Dame de Paris en feu (L'Imparfait)
Practise your French conjugations in L'Imparfait (Indicatif) with this excerpt from Victor Hugo's "The Hunchback of Notre-Dame" Fill-in-the-Blanks kwiz exercise
- Comment fabriquer un poisson d'avril (L'Impératif)
Practise your French conjugations in L'Impératif Présent with this Fill-in-the-blanks exercise
- Au spectacle de mime (Reflexive Pronouns)
- Peindre comme Cézanne (Vocabulaire)
Practise your Painting vocabulary in French with this Fill-in-the-Blanks kwiz!
- Au Musée du quai Branly (Vocabulaire)
Practise your Museum vocabulary in French with this Fill-in-the-Blanks kwiz!